Jordan Hills Elementary
A Message From Our Principal
November 23, 2015
Dear Jordan Hills Families,
I am pleased to say that our recent Parent-Teacher conferences were a great success. The faculty and staff wish to thank all the Jordan Hills families for the outpouring of support. It was exciting to see that 98% of our students were represented at the conferences. It really is the partnership between school and home that ensures the success of students.
With the holidays quickly approaching there are some dates and events families may want to put on their calendars.
- 25-27: No school (Thanksgiving break)
- 3: Choir Concert at 7:00pm
- 8: Zupa’s Spirit Night beginning at 5:00
- 10: Band Concert at 7:00
- 21-Jan. 4: Winter Break (no school)
I have some exciting news to share with you! Jordan Hills has been given confirmation that we qualify for a crossing guard to attend the crosswalk behind our school. This has been a dangerous area for students for quite some time and has been the cause of great concern for parents and faculty alike. Our new crossing guard will begin on December 1st. We will also be getting flashing speed lights and speed bumps which will be installed in the spring. Our School Community Counsel has gone the extra mile to help bring this about. We are in gratitude for their service to our school.
Parents, I have some concerns that I need to share with you regarding the pick up and drop off areas in front of our school. I know pick up and drop off times can be very stressful and we all want our students to be safe. Here are a few things that can help ensure the safety of all students:
- First, please remember to drive slowly and use extra caution around the crosswalk. Please put all distractions aside while on school grounds.
- Second, when possible, pull all the way forward and teach students to walk along the fence line to get to the building. Pulling forward will help relieve the traffic congestion that builds up on 4800 S.
- Third, make your drop off as quickly as possible. Please do not wait and watch your student walk all the way to the building. If there are concerns about students making it safely to the building, please park in the parking lot and walk your student to the building.
- Fourth, only drop students off next to the curb. We never want to put students in the position where they need to maneuver through traffic.
- Finally, let’s make it a priority to be kind and courteous to each other. We all want the best for our students.
We at Jordan Hills wish you happy and safe holidays. It is a pleasure to work with the students and families in this great community!
Our Mission: Every Child, Every Day!